Does Mobile Matter In-Store?
Yes it does. In 2013, 52% of online shoppers used their smartphone throughout the shopping process. In fact, one in three shoppers would rather use their smartphone than ask for help in a store. Smartphones are our personal shopping assistants, and considering mobile as part of your marketing mix is imperative.
Here are some of the facts on how mobile is impacting shopper behavior:
- 84% of smartphone shoppers use their device while shopping in a store
- 53% of shoppers are using their smartphones to make price comparisons
- 39% use their smartphone to find promotional offers
- One in three will use the their smartphone over asking for asking for help in store
Information Shoppers Need Online
In terms of search, the more helpful the information that shoppers find on line, the more likely they are to visit your store. According to a recent Google, Ipsos MediaCT and Sterling Brands survey, the typical information they are searching for include:
- Price of item at a nearby store – 75%;
- Item is in stock at nearby store – 74%;
- Location of closest store with item in stock – 66%;
- Details about local stores (hours, phone number) – 63%
- Map showing which stores carry the item searched for – 59%
- What else is available at the store that carries the items searched for – 57%.
The Next Step
You have your website optimized for mobile and you have your information updated. What’s next? Personalized recommendations and coupons are valued by shoppers – 85% of respondents say they would be more likely to shop in stores that offer personalized and exclusive offers provided in store, and 64% are more likely to shop in stores that offer recommendations for products.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!