Chances are you have already “googled” at least one thing today, right? People are using online search engines, especially Google, as a way to discover products and services in their town. They are relying more and more on Google to find answers to all of their questions. The location, hours and phone number of a business can instantly be found at their fingertips. This is why all businesses should be using Google’s tool, Google My Business.
Google My Business is a free and super easy-to-use tool that allows business owners to setup a brief profile that displays their business name, location, phone number, business hours and more. It allows business owners to take charge of their presence across Google, including Search and Map. Businesses can make posts, including photos and replies to customer reviews.
How to Create a Google My Business Listing
Creating a listing on Google My Business is so easy and can be done in less than five minutes.
- Make sure you have a Google account for your business. If you don’t, create one for free here.
- Log in with your Google account. Go to com/business. Click “Manage Now.”
- Fill out some simple information: Business name, address, phone number, website and business category.
- Choose a method to verify your Google My Business listing. You don’t have to verify your listing, but doing so will give you access to several things, which will increase your rankings on the Google results page. Verifying your listing will allow you to:
- Update descriptions, hours and other information
- Create posts, including events, special offers, announcements, photos, etc.
- Add virtual tours
- Let customers message you
- Manage reviews
- Create ads
- View analytics and insights
Adding this information and consistently updating it will leave you with the best SEO results.
Where Will Your Google My Business Listing Show Up?
You Google My Business listing will actually show up in a few different places.
1. Google’s “Knowledge Panel”
This is the first place it will appear when you search your business’s name.
2. Local Search
This section of Google’s results page shows the three businesses that are nearest the geographical location used in your search or your current location.
3. Google Maps
So, What’s the Point?
Considering how little time and money (FREE) it takes, it’s definitely worth the effort! Having a verified, optimized listing can increase your search ranking and increase business. By having easily accessible information in Google Search and Maps, people will immediately notice your business and likely check you out.
With Google My Business, you can keep all of your information up-to-date and accurate. It will give your business ultimate web visibility. And you’re able to interact with your customers. All business owners know that customer reviews are a very important component to a business’s SEO strategy. With Google My Business, you can turn reviews into a two-way conversation. Whether it is making up for a bad situation or just saying thank you to a loyal customer, creating a conversation with your customers will increase your SEO and your overall likability.
It’s free. It’s simple. It’s accessible. It’s effective.
Your business definitely needs to take advantage of Google My Business.