During the holidays, it’s always fun to have a new drink for our friends. So we asked LeeAnn Maxwell from Vixen Vodka to give us something special for the season. We mixed up a few and put out our snack mix, and shazaam! It’s a party. Here’s the recipes. Let us know what you think.
The Cranberry VaVa Vixen Signature Cocktail
1 ounce Vixen Vodka
2 ounces white cranberry peach juice
½ ounce St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1. Combine the vodka, white cranberry peach and St-Germain in a shaker.
2. Shake gently and pour over ice.
3. Add your favorite garnish – we used fresh cranberries and an orange twist.
Easy Snack Mix
2 bags Cheese flavored Chex Mix
1 small bag pretzels
4 cups butter roasted pecans
1 can peanuts
1 can mixed nuts
Candy such as M&Ms (optional)
½ stick butter
- Melt butter in a skillet large enough for the pecans. Add the pecans and roast until they start getting dark in places and they smell so delicious you can’t help snacking. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir the canned nuts into the pecans.
- Mix the party mix together. Add the roasted pecans and canned nuts. Stir together and then add the candy.
- If you want it spicy, you can add a little Tabasco to the nuts.